Sunday, May 4, 2008

It's been a good weekend

Started off with a minor league baseball game on Friday night. The Iowa Cubs were in town. More than the baseball, I was drawn by the friends and the fact that it was $1 hot dog and nestle ice cream drumstick night. We played around with the idea of a hot dog eating contest - it looked like Lauren was actually the most likely to take on my new friend Issac. Didn't do it in the end, but Lauren did manage to pack away three dollar-dogs. The Iowa Cubs won by a long shot, we debated what a "Rivercat" actually is (don't cats hate water?) and a good time was had by all.

On Saturday we finished up our gift registry for our wedding. Mos Def not my favorite task. It was okay in the end, I suppose - there are a few items on there that I would be really happy to receive (read - ice cream scoop and paper shredder) but I really don't enjoy the whole process. It is strange, because I have no problem putting together a long and detailed x-mas list. For some reason the wedding registry makes me feel greedy.

Saturday night we got together with some new friends and played Settlers of Catan: Cities & Knights. When we got out here, we were very happy to find some new board game friends. Catheryn actually has all three versions of Settlers, including the 5-6 player expansions of each. We played 6 player Cities & Knights - it took a very long time probably about 3 hours. For those in the know, we had a very well defended island and no cities were burnt down the entire game :-( Catheryn ended up winning but it was a good game, with 4 / 6 players in series contention to win it right up to the end.

Today we got up and ate granola bars and sausage for breakfast (we were going to make pancakes but are out of fresh milk). I'm looking forward to catching a matinee of Iron Man.

Like I said, that's a pretty good weekend.

No comments: