Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nothing will ruin a good run like...

Got some brand new running shoes today - very exciting. I went to a running store not far from my home. They seemed pretty good, and I will probably go back to this store. They also do track workouts on Tuesday nights which is awesome - I can only hope they are as good as my old running club in Naperville.

Anyway, I got some new shoes and strapped them on for my first run. They felt pretty good on the way out and I was feeling groovy. All of a sudden it hit me - there was some definite motion going on in my bowels. This was upsetting because

A) I had taken a dookie before I left the house
B) I was having a good run
C) I was about as far from my house as I could be

What is a guy to do? After a little internal debate I turned around and started to walk it in (the bumping and jolts of running doesn't help this kind of situation). This is by far my number one least favorite way to end a run. I would much rather have cramps or exhaustion or pain than the 'ol BD (Bi logical Distress).

What a way to break in some new shoes.

No comments: