Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The big weekend

This weekend is my brother's wedding. I am the best man. This makes you the but of a lot of jokes, such as

- they searched the whole world and you were the best they could find?
- If you were REALLY the best man, you would stop him from doing what he is about to do!

Okay, well, two jokes. But I have heard them a lot this week, particularly #1. With all that said, I am very glad for my brother and have no doubt that he is doing a wonderful thing. It would really NOT be in his best interest to stop him as per #2.

Now I just have to fine tune my best man speech - it's a tall order really. I just might pull out some old standards - like starting the speech and saying "I've prepared a few words" and then pulling out many sheets of paper taped together as if I had a long list of notes. Might be good for a quick laugh.

No comments: