Thursday, January 21, 2010

Public call out

So I emailed Will Read (because I was bored) and told him to blog more. He responded in his blog (http://tildewill.wordpress.com/) that he would only blog 'tit for tat' when I did. That's the first public call out.

The second isn't so much specifically to me but I took it personally when recently a friend on facebook posted that she is going to run 1,000 miles this year. This has got the wheels in my head turning about making my own 1,000 mile public commitment. I think I can do it... This would mean running about 5 miles on 4 days per week for the entire year. I'm a bit behind (so far in January I have run a total of 26 miles and a total straightline goal would be to have run 58 miles at this point) but I think I can catch up. In the later weeks of marathon training I would expect to log about 50 miles per week (an average of 19.25 per week would make the 1,000 mile goal).

So there you have it. Two public call outs (blog post and 1,000 miles in 2010) and two responses. Of course, very VERY few people read this blog so until you see 1,000 miles on my facebook profile I might still attempt to wiggle out of it.

1 comment: